Trainee Membership (Individual Membership)
For those participating in an Interior Systems National Certificate Training Programme or training programme recognised by AWCINZ.
Upon acceptance you will become a Trainee member.
- You will be a non voting member of the Association.
- You will have access to a range of AWCINZ merchandise products excluding business products.
The Association of Wall and Ceiling Industries of New Zealand Inc. does not guarantee your workmanship on individual job sites.
Membership is Free. You will not have the right to Vote at Meetings. You may only remain a Trainee member while you are training under an interior systems Training programme agreement recognized by AWCINZ (the period of free membership may not exceed 3 Years)
Certified Tradesman Membership (Individual Membership)
For individuals who are Trade Qualified or would like to become Trade Qualified
Upon acceptance you will become known as a Certified Tradesman member.
Note: It is the Associations rule that if you invoice your services or have any employees as a contractor in any of the interior systems trade classes, you are deemed to be a business and therefore must apply for and be granted Business Membership before the Certified Tradesman membership will be issued.
The membership will be issued in your personal name at the same time as the Certified Business membership card.
- You will receive a “Certified Tradesman” registration Card.
- You will be a full member of the Association.
- You will be placed on a register of those Trade Qualified in Interior Systems Trades.
- You will have access to a range of AWCINZ merchandise products, which excludes business products.
- You will have access to a Contracts, Payments, Disputes Helpdesk.
What can the Association do for the Trade Qualified Member?
The Association will certify that the holder of Certified Tradesman membership either has Trade Qualifications or has achieved the strict standards required by the Association to be accepted as Trade Qualified.
This is not a guarantee of your workmanship on individual jobs.
Certified Tradesman Membership Criteria:
You must hold a National Certificate in an Interior Systems Trade.
The definitions of Trade Classes within the registration system follow current National Certificates as listed below and you must indicate the skills in which you are qualified.
AFI Access Floors Installation
FCLFin Fibre Cement Linings Finishing
FCLFix Fibre Cement Linings Fixing
FPI Fibrous Plaster Fixing & Finishing
FPMan Fibrous Plaster Manufacturing
PBFin Plasterboard Finishing
PBFix Plasterboard Fixing
PPI Proprietary Partitions Installation
SCI Suspended Ceilings Installation
The annual subscription is $115.00 incl. GST for a 12-month period ending 30 June of each year.
Certified Business Membership
Any person or company who conducts their business as a sole trader, a partnership, or as a private or public company and who carries on their business as a contractor in the Interior Systems trades can apply for business membership.
The Association will only refer customer inquiries to Certified Business Members
Before you or your business can apply to become a business member you must first undertake the following:
- Be a Certified Tradesman Member or want to become Trade Qualified
- If you are the owner/Director of the business and you are not a Certified Tradesman member and do not qualify to become a Certified Tradesman member, you should engage a person who is trade qualified or is eligible to become a Certified Tradesman member in a project Supervisory or Management role. This requirement is at the discretion of the Membership Committee. AWCI has a subsidised process to assist experienced tradespeople become trade qualified – ask us about it!
- You must have a satisfactory trading record for at least 12 months. Your business must be able to provide satisfactory trade references from suppliers and references from clients for whom you have carried out work..
- Membership approval is at the discretion of the membership committee.
- You will have access to a range of AWCINZ merchandise products.
Your Certified Business Membership Card will show the trade skills for the business. These will be based on the trade skills on the Certified Tradesman of the person supporting this application – refer 1. 2. or 3. above. If you have more than one partner or manager with Certified Tradesman membership with different skills they may be entered on the application form to go on your card. On your application form you should agree to maintain Certified Tradesman Members with these skills in key positions in your company. This at the discretion of the Membership Committee.
- You will become a Certified Business and receive a platinum Registration card identifying your business as a “Certified Business“The Association will only refer customer’s inquiry to Certified Businesses.The Association does not guarantee your workmanship on individual job sites.
- You will have access to a range of business benefits:
- Listed on AWCINZ Website
- Access to a dispute assistance process
- Access to a range of AWCINZ Merchandise
- Access to Contracts, Disputes, Payments Helpdesk
- Access to Business Advice Helpdesk
The annual subscription is $460.00 incl. GST for a 12 Month period ending 30 June of each year.
(Where an individual holds a Certified Tradesman membership and applies for a Certified Business membership as the owner of the business, the subscription for the Certified Business membership will be $345.00 incl.GST per annum.)
Any company having an interest in the aims & objectives of the AWCINZ and not involved in contracting.
Subscription $690.00 incl. GST per annum.
The subscriptions are for a 12 month period ending 30 June
Any trade association, contracting member or individual who does not qualify under other criteria.
Subscription $690.00 incl. GST for a 12 month period ending 30 June of each year.
The subscriptions are for a 12 month period ending 30 June